Monday, March 2, 2009

Nothing to Lose

There's no going back now. With the touch of a button (aka "publish post"), this blog will become part of that great unknown- the world wide web.


There are many reasons to start a blog. As I've considered this new adventure that I'm emarking on, I read dozens of blogs, found dozens of ideas, and boiled it all down to two reasons: 1) I like the idea of blogging as a potentially income-earning hobby, and 2) Why not make a record of the world around me?


Since I am a unique individual (I know, I know, just like everyone else), it's only logical to say that my point of view, and the way that I experience life is not quite the same as yours. So my goal in writing this blog is to take the every day experiences of life, and let you see just what an adventure these experiences can prove to be. After all, I've got nothing to lose.


In fact, just the other day I stumbled across a small adventure. While taking my usual time to peruse the web, I found a website for the book called The List. Author Gail Belsky encourages us to break out of the norm of life and really shake things up. So after reading through the ideas from her list, I decided to come up with my own. Here it goes!



  • Start a blog (check!)

  • Write a novel

  • Enter a writing contest

  • Learn to draw/paint

  • Record a CD

  • Go golfing

  • Hike to the top of Mt. Timpanogos (and no more excuses... I'm really going to do it!)

Now there are plenty of other items I could add to this list. In fact, I hope it never stops growing. And don't worry, you'll hear about these adventures as they go along.

But now my question to you is: What's on your list? Oh, even better. Tell me about your adventures! Go on, get out there! Life's waiting!

Basically, my thought for today is: "Try to be one of those on whom nothing is lost." Thank you Henry James.

2 comments: